The truly great fraternities, not surprisingly, hold very high standards when it comes to attracting membership. As such, it is not uncommon to see underclassmen doing what they can to stand out so they can be invited into the fraternities that they want to join. While one does not have free controls over getting an invitation, this does not mean that one cannot do anything in order to be noticed and this is one of the most important lessons that freshmen students ought to know if they intend to have a choice in the fraternities that they end up joining.
To this end, here are five tips to stand out so you can get into the fraternity that you want.
1. The first thing one needs to do is to scout the membership requirements imposed by specific fraternities to see if you qualify for these standards. Without exerting the effort to read full report on this subject, it requires little imagination to see that standing out in a criterion that fraternities value can essentially get you on the fast lane to membership. If the fraternity that you want to join values academic performance, you will need to do what you can to get on the honor’s list and make yourself visible. Any article source would tell you that academic credentials rank highly on the list of most sought after fraternity invitees for colleges and universities worldwide.
2. Following the same theme, one can strive to become a recognized campus figure in sports in order to be invited to a fraternity. For example, football, baseball, or basketball present very inviting opportunities to establish a name for oneself in order to get into the fraternity you want. If you have the chops to succeed in sports, you can use this as the best vehicle to get noticed by the fraternity you like.
3. Being a campus leader is also a great way to stand out in campus. Campus leaders are well connected, informed, and are great representations of the student body; hence, they are well recognized all throughout the campus, or even the county or state. Being a campus leader is equivalent to having a virtual “click here” sign that advertises your eligibility for fraternity membership.
4. Excelling in the performing arts also caters to certain select fraternities. There are fraternities that value skill sets like being stage actor or dancer. Not only do you get varsity status and by default have some sort of a cash advance online facility by virtue of the varsity but fraternity membership can also open a lot of avenues for career advancement in the same field down the road.
5. Last but not the least, being simply connected to a specific passion can make one stand out for fraternity membership. You would be surprised at what pursuing your passion delivers, especially if you are the best at it. In most cases, there are very exclusivist clubs that cater to these very specific passion and skill like, perhaps, learning Italian cooking, or mountain biking. When you remember that not all fraternities are made in the traditional mold but that there are many that cater to very select interests, you can actually begin to focus more on that skill set and interest and ride it to recognition for fraternity membership.
The bottom line with tough fraternity recruitment processes is to show first hand what you can do by standing out so you can be noticed. In doing this, you are already putting one foot on the door to membership, and it is certainly something that beats have to scrape from the bottom rung of the ladder without the privilege of an initial introductory ticket to establishing your name and reputation as a potentially valuable member of that specific fraternity.